#1 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 10:29 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: May 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
300tdt random sls sag

So I've done some searching and have found no answers. I've had an 83 wagon for just about 2 years. For the first year and a half I felt like I was driving a bucking bronco. I finally broke down and replaced my accumulators...should've done at earlier, it's been riding so nice!

But here's my issue... Even with the bad accumulators the ride height was close to level, but every couple months it'll decide to drop it's rear end. I've found that whatever the problem is it remedies itself after a couple days. I thought fixing the accumulators might stop this...but the car decided to do it again and I'm tired of driving around looking like my bumper is dragging every couple months. I just changed the filter and did a fluid flush with the new accumulators. I don't see any leaks around the valve. So could anyone direct me in the right direction?

And while I'm at it...since it's gotten cold here, I have a belt that like to squeal. It's worst when I turn the heater on and will stop when I let off the accelerator. I haven't got to look at it yet, but thought I'd throw that put there too.

Thanks for the help you guys are! I wouldn't have the car if it weren't for this place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 12:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2011
Vehicle: 1981 W123 300D non turbo, 1992 190E 1.8 <=> 2.0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
On the right hand side of the car there's a ride height actuator that is probably incorrectly set / sticking? Check out chap 32-530 in the FSM (sticky at the top of this forum has links to the FSM => factory service manual)

As for your squealing belts - check the tension / if they are old and worn replace them. Rule of thumb for the belts - you should be able to just turn the belt through 90 degrees on the longest run for more or less the correct tension.

1981 300D (non turbo) 123.130 => Project car - stripped to the bone

1992 190E 1.8 <=>2.0 201.018 => This car shouldn't be in bits too
#3 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 05:59 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: May 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Fixed

Gotta love when you fix something and you don't know what you did. I decided to jack it up by the differential to see if I could check the height adjuster. Everything looked good so I lowered it and it no longer was sagging. Guess I'll just do the same the next time it happens. Ha.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class