Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

A not so funny story with a good ending

683 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  TimmahW123 
#1 ·
I have an 83 240D. I was driving to work the other day and one of the motor mounts let loose, literally disintegrated. I was able to complete the round trip without any problems, however by the time I got home my ass was numb from the intense shaking.. I didn't feel like replacing the motor mounts :surrender: so I took it to a local tech here in Fort Myers who replaced both mounts for $250.00 + tax (OE original parts #: 1232411213)and it's never been smoother.. now this is how it's supposed to be.. this is a entirely different class of driving, feels like a new car now :D with 133k miles car has a LOT of power which is rare in a 240D - I timed my 0-60 and its above factory specifications at 19.4 seconds..

#4 ·
My thoughts exactly... I am going to be retesting it soon, I used the stop watch feature on my Nintendo DS...

English Bulldog - Actually removing the motor isn't necessary, all it requires is for the motor to be jacked up and then you can access the motor mounts its pretty easy, I simply didn't feel like doing it.. I know a thing or two about working on a car myself. The price was very good.

#6 ·
LOL I just saw the pictures, very appropriate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.