Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Climate control issues

584 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  larrylogan@gmail.com 
#1 ·
I have a 82 300d and last week I started having and issue with the heater starting for a minute or two then stopping ( selecting the different settings had no effect although I could hear the vacuum working and closing the internal vents). after about 10 minutes it would kick on and be fine and I can change it from defrost to economy, etc with no issues. if I let the car sit long enough warming up the heat usually will kick on but not until the car is pushing the 80c mark in temp. does this sound like it would be an issue with the blower motor or should I start looking at the climate controls? any help would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
Check for a good connection at the coolant temp switch, up front and off the side of the t-stat hosing.
Single wire, it supplies ground to the blower after the engine temp reaches 40C.
They use this to prevent getting a blast of cold air in your face till the car warms up. Often times
the connection turns green and makes poor contact. I've also seen them look
intact, but the wire is just held to the connector by a couple strands.

Fish

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.