Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Yet another injector thread

962 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  300Dman 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

Well, now that I'm no longer in the oil fields on the road, I'm back home and taking care of my chores list that was put on pause indefinitely.

While I was out on the road, my buddy borrowed the Benz to drive as his wife commandeered his truck while he worked on her Pontiac Azturd (it can be a real b!tch getting older '96+ vehicles through NYS emissions inspection). Anywho, the Benz was still leaking at the #5 injector, and since I was on the road making slamming money, I went ahead and ordered up new Bosch injectors (not reman), heat shields, and cigar tubes and told him "yeah, just go ahead and change them all out." My plan really was to find a set of used injectors, and reman them with bosio/monark nozzles and install those instead, but at the time money was no object, and I figured the Bosch units would be great. The guy at peachparts was great, very nice, gave me a slammin' deal on the injectors as I was buying the whole set, new, with shields and cigar tubes. Package shows up back home, I never see it until I come home a few weeks later. As per usual with this friend, he never got around to fixing his wife's car or the benz and has just decided to live with the wreaking stench of diesel in the cabin. I take a look at the injectors... made in India.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm sure that Bosch has one HELL of a factory and workforce over there, doing one HELLUVA job. But let's face it... ze Germans didn't lose the war because of inferior gear, and they weren't making it in India at the time.

I'm getting the vehicle back tomorrow, and i'm torn between just jamming a junkyard injector (in very good shape) into it to stop the leak, yanking out all the injectors and rebuilding all of them (vehicle will be down for a few days in the cold as I wait for shims to adjust pop pressures to +/- 3 bar), or just going ahead and using these new Indian made units from Bosch.

I know some of you aren't terribly keen on the Indian NOZZLES due to longevity issues. These are new manufacture Bosch injectors, pop tested and sealed in neat packaging.

Whuddya think?

See less See more
#2 ·
Well if you have them you may as well put them in if you can't return them. They will be better than the worn out ones you have, they just probably won't last like you said.

#3 ·
Yeah, i know what you mean. My injectors are still soaking in mineral spirits while I'm on the hunt for made in germany nozzles. No such luck yet. I am contemplating either the bosio @ $45 each or the Monark @ $20 each. It's getting a little frustrating.
When I went to the dealer, I told him the India issue. The no return policy still applies. I need to find out if one of the dealers in the city has a set in stock.
In the meantime I will clean out the nozzles with some fishing line. This will be fun.

#4 ·
Dude, go with the Monarks. I know the fellow at DieselGiant swears by them, and I'm sure that they're a dynamite nozzle, but I can't see spending more than twice as much on what is the same quality as the Monark.

Think about where they come from. It's expensive just to get an Italian to say the words "machine shop." No offense to you Italian Americans out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.