Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

hirschmann antenna compatability between 1982 and 1984

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  martureo 
#1 ·
My 1984 300D's antenna mast was completely broken off in my parking lot at work. Bummer, huh. Anyhow, my Husband is getting rid of his 1982 300SD. I am not allowed to cannibalize too many parts off the SD (I'd love to take out the climate control unit, but have been forbidden!) The hirschmann from the 300D is a compact, black plastic unit. The PO, or his mechanic cut the original 5-pin connector block and only connected two of the wires to the antenna.

The 1982 300SD has a hirschmann that has an aluminum case, and is larger. It has an intact 5-pin connector.

I can't figure out how to wire the 1982 antenna to work in the 1984 300D. The colors don't match. I figure I'll have to cut the aluminum unit's connector block off to splice wires together. I'd love to save cash...

Has anyone done this before? Any suggestions? Is this even possible?

#2 ·
It's possible, but not easy. The power antenna changed that year (1982) so your 300D used the 1983-newer antenna.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.