Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Engine bay "holes" on fender

6K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  MBeige 
#1 ·
I'm looking for the P/N (or numbers) that point/s to the rubber grommets covering the tiny holes on the engine bay wheel arch area.

In the image below you can see what I'm talking about - they're the tiny holes (some with a slit on the side) that are used to attach optional equipment to the inner fenders on our cars but for those w/o these extra equipment, MB uses the rubber plugs to cover them up. Mine are missing some and I would like to complete them. Has anybody done the same?

See less See more
#5 ·
I had a look at the descriptions of the different plugs, but there is not one that says "plug for holes in fender". Do you have a picture of an existing one? Usually these plugs are not very expensive, you could order a bunch.

I think that empty spot was for the ABS.

#6 ·
I have never seen plugs in those factory holes... Are you sure?

Andrew

#8 ·
Believe it or not, I have the rubber plugs. I always wondered why they were there. I figured that something important was supposed to be there...

What is "supposed" to be there?

#9 ·
They're optional mounting points for equipment like the early style cruise control actuator (vacuum operated), ABS module, mounting for SLS reservoir, some use them for the ignition coil (see green 280 2 posts up), etc.

Could you check if those plugs have any p/n's? And photos also, please. :) Thanks!

#13 ·
As it turns out, the ones used were P/N A 000 987 18 40.

I needed 5 for the driver fender, so that's how many I ordered. Some of the holes were threaded for equipment attachment points, but those w/o made good use of these plugs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.