Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

cvs axles........whats a decent price?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  primrose647 
#1 · (Edited)
So I have a set of new factory mb axles and a set of remans.

Whats a fair asking price guys?

Ive been out of the loop and need some cash.

#2 · (Edited)
Well, it's pretty much market driven. And it also may depend upon which axle for which model and year. But since you could get one for $90 from Mercedes W123 Rear Right/Left Axle-Buy Car Parts at FCP, I'd say that's pretty much your top asking price.

Pretty sad too, considering what Mercedes charges to replace one. My right rear axle started to make serious noise on a road trip several years ago, but I was able to limp into the Nashville Benz dealer. Cost me $1200 to get back on the road. Diff was fine, wheel bearing was fine. $1200 parts and labor, just for a replacement RR axle assembly.

//greg//

#3 ·
hmm.....not bad unless they are chinese.......

#5 ·
Annular type are pricey yet easier to swap when bad ive heard.

I have **** ones ;)

#6 ·
If they are actuall brand new Axles made by Mercedes I believe there are some who woud go as high as $150-$175 range because they were over $300 new and becdause some people want the original parts. A new actual MB made CV Axle might last 20 years like the ones on our Cars have.
However, the number of people who would be willing to buy is small.

If they are new Asian Made Axles you can look on eBay and see what the sell for there. I have seen them as low as $68+shipping.

With the re-builts it is hard to put a price on them due to no warranty. I bought my Cardone re-built CV Axles that come with the lifetime warranty and the warranty is one of the things that made them appealing to take a chance on.
I was just shopping through different parts sellers and saw that NAPA sellsl rebuilts for $113 (the internet price) (they do not say which company did the rebuilds).

It would also depend on who rebuilt them. If the well know CVJ of Denver re-built them they would be of more interest to some one than my Cardone ones would.

#8 ·
Homokinetic joint (Two splined ends) refers to an inner C.V. joint that has an output shaft as part of the original design. Later design versions incorporate a seperate annular (one splined end and one smooth end) inner C.V. joint with an output shaft that is bolted to it. Most models up to model year 1980 use the homokinetic style joint. 1981 and on models may have a mix of both versions.

For under a $80.00, they will be made in Asia, but I bought a couple and so far two years later, they are still good.

The best prices I found are:

http://www.importeccatalog.com/item.wws?sku=W0133-1598484&itempk=143150&mfr=First Equipment Quality&weight=19.50 $73.45 with free ground shipping.

Your Parts Search Returned 2 Part(s) $73.66 with free ground shipping.

84 1984 Mercedes 300D Axle Assembly - Driveshaft & Axle - CVJ, First Equipment Quality, GKN Drivetech, A1 Cardone, Rear Right, Rear Left - PartsGeek $68.94 + shipping $7.50 (Ground) + Sales Tax if you are in CA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.