Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

VCV plastic clip. Part # request.

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Rmac58 
#1 ·
Hey again...did a search and couldn't find a reference to a part number for that plastic clip that attaches the VCV lever to the linkage rod.
Mine broke while removing the VCV for inspection.

I was able to use a plastic door lock repair part (sold in auto parts stores in an assortment of 4 or 5 types) . This temp. fix should be okay for a bit...but would feel better if I knew that rod was held in place by the intended part.
This is what I ended up using...the one that worked was black.

I took this image from a post in a thread by Gregs300CD.

would someone please post a part # if there is one for this?

Thanks in advance

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks for the info.
As tempting as it is to look up part numbers all day long; I'll try to refrain.

I did a google search based on your advice. Since I couldn't find a link on the forum...found a site which I suppose it the one you referred to...not sure.
It appears to be an MB site.
I put in all my info...including the required credit card number for the "free" service. Then the free service can't be accessed due to the Java requirement. I go to several sites and try to solve the problem with hopefully a free download.

Nope.

So...I came back to the MB EPC help page. It tells me to look in my internet settings and uncheck the Java box they referred to. It wasn't checkeded to begin with. So....:surrender:

I'll attempt this from another computer.

I promise if I get the magical access to the FREE EPC deal; I will post the part number here so no one will have to go through the above to look up a $2piece of plastic.:rolleyes:

Not only that...I'll post a link to the magical EPC site itself.

#5 · (Edited)
The epc link, EPC-net Online

I get a java error box, but click on ok and it opens up.

It won't work on a mac.

It can be maddening trying to sift through it.

See if you can tell if the part is listed. Not sure if it's available separately otherwise.

Attachments

#8 ·
VCV Vacuum Bleed Off

I am trying to trouble shoot my Vacuum system and am running into a question. My pump pulls 20 inhg at idle if I plug the line going to the top of the VCV. It drops to 15 if the VCV hose is connected. Is this a problem, if so how should I repair.

Thanks

#9 · (Edited)
This is normal, the transmission and VCV can't deal with the full 20 inHg from the vac pump.

As you rev the engine, the vacuum will drop, via that lever sliding up and opening an orifice. That draws in, bleeds, vacuum from the side of the VCV, which is why there is a line going to inside the cabin, nice clean air in there.

Here's the video:

#10 ·
Rmac58

Thanks for the video, it has been very helpful.. Now to finish the remaining adjustments to 3 different cars and see if I end up with a shift pattern I am happy with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.