Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Rear passenger windows shaking

755 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  seanmcauley 
#1 ·
Both of the rear windows on my '85 shake or jerk when rolling up or down. I removed the panel on the left rear door and didn't see anything worn out enough to cause this. Appling more grease to the regulator channels didn't change anything.
Couldn't see enough of the regulator to check it for wear or damage, but I do have to push the window up about 1/8 - 1/4 of an inch to completely close it, but doing that disengages it from the motor until it slips or is pushed back down.

Am I looking at replacing the window motors and/or regulators?

#2 ·
I am not suggesting you do what I did but in my case the Windows jerked when moving due to the bent Window Regulator Mounting plates that intern caused the Gear Teeth on the Window Regulator Arm to wear badly and on an angle.
The Gear on the Motor is evidently hardend Steel and there was no damage at all on them.
In order to understand what was wrong I had to pull my Regulators/motors out.

Other issures are if the track on the sides of the Window are worn out it can also cause the Windows to bind.

Extreme Window Regulator Repair
Extreme Rear Window Regulator Repair,123 - PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum

#5 ·
Hey Cycobilly, that's the same thing wrong with both my rear windows. Did this solution work for you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.