Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Guide rod mount and rear sway bar end links

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  MBeige 
#1 · (Edited)
How hard are they to replace? I hear some rubbing when I drive through dips or humps and can feel it on my feet so that leads me to assume it's the guide rod mounts on the fronts.

However, there is also a rear rubbing sound, I think it's the sway bar links so I already have a good pair to replace them. My question is if I remove one, won't the sway bar twist and make it hard for me to reinstall it back? Should I remove both wheels at the same time (lift the whole rear end) or can I do it one at a time?

If it's not the rear sway bar links, what do you think is making that rubbing sound at the rear of the car? Subframe mounts? The car still has a good rear stance, I dunno if that should be affected by the subframe mounts.

Thanks for any help!

edit: Browsing the MB braingears site, I found this:

http://mb.braingears.com/123_DISK2/program/Chassis/32-310.pdf

But it still does not say anything if the sway bar would twist when I remove it. Tightening is 30lb ft according to the manual too.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have recently been looking into doing all of this stuff as well. How would one go about checking to see if guide rod mounts are shot? My tierod + draglink ends and idler arm are all shot. Going to do that work this week. subframe mounts would be fun but maybe not this time around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.