Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Several 123 Wagon questions...

878 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  DieselWagons 
#1 ·
First of all, GREAT website.
I have a '83 300TDT with 236K and just aquired an '85 300TDT with 156K.
I am in the process of fixing things on the '85 to convert her to a daily driver like mine.
Engine is strong, but it has a few problems.
A/C and heat do not work. Looking through the previous owners records, everthing was replaced at 153K. (almost $2,000 worth).
She stated that within the last month, the fan will not blow unless she goes over a speed bump! and sure enough, that is the case. Even then it blows ice cold, but VERY weak.
Is this the fan motor? Blower? What should I investigate first? Also, her mechanic has bypassed the rear accumalators and installed shocks. Will this pose a problem?
Thanks and I'll be posting a bunch in the future.

#2 ·
As for the heating/ac there are a few good threads about it, most of them citing bad solder joints in the automatic climate control assembly-- ie, an ez fix. I don't know exactly how the system works, but I imagine the blower motor problem could be from the climate control assembly, the "module" with the fan's power resistors, or the fan itself.

As for the shocks-- check if he replaced the springs too. The SLS springs are soft, I doubt you'd get a good ride keeping them in with sedan shocks.

Shiva

#3 ·
Thanks Shiva, I will check out the shocks. I believe they have been replaced, the car rides remarkably smooth, even with a load (4 people) in the back. It just sits about an inch lower than my wagon with the air suspension, which bugs me.

I'm going to take it in to my mechanic and see about the a/c heat blower. at LEAST when it does come on, the a/c is cold.
Thanks again [:)]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.