Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

where to get lowering springs???? (AMSOIL300CDT --> please read)

1K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  AMSOIL300CDT 
#1 ·
Well since I have to replace one of my trailing arms I figured i'd do the whole sha-bang while i'm at it.

So i'm gonna do springs & shocks all around.

I want to lower her. I have a set of 18" rims on there from my CLK (235/45/18) and the front sits way too high with them. rear looks nice, but could use a little more ( maybe .5")

Now I don't want to lose the ride. I am not looking for a sport ride, I want a touring ride. Anyone know where I can get a set of springs? Used or new is fine. Also, suggestions on what brand???

AMSOIL300: How do you say "lowering springs" in german??? I want to check the german ebay site.

Thanks in advance

G
#2 ·
google.de

yahoo.de

suchen, for "Tieferlegungs Federn Mercedes"

or "Sport Federn Mercedes"

or try "w123 sportfahrwerk" (sport suspension), maybe u find a whole complete setup. basicly no one makes stuff new anymore, except for shocks (get BILSTEIN HD's), (they're the BEST)

anyways, have fun trying to find some, i tried for a while, and couldnt find any, then i "fell-over" this set of H&R's, one night, online on BenzWorld, and now i finally have some. i still cant actually afford to have them installed, ($450-isch), but im saving on the side, and it'll be even better, the first time i drive for work, and have them. anyways, get back to me if u need to know anything else. always enjoy interacting with other Mercedes Fanatics!! [:p]

G
#4 ·
ok, not be be a dick, but i HAVE to correct u....

Leistungs Fruhling means "Performance Spring" ,but fruehling means "spring" as in the season.

Feder (spring) Federn (springs)

inch IS zoll......even though i doubt u'll see it mentioned.......the only time we refer to Zoll, is when talking about wheels diameter.....measurement would still be said in "inch" if they were talking about units of lenght/height etc.

Have a Nice Day! [:)]

EDIT:Oh Yeah.....Koenig Sport-federn..........not King Springs....[:D]

G
#9 ·
Nutz 4 Benz - 8/30/2005 10:51 AM

Alter[?] Age?
yeah, thats what the word means.....but in this "modern cool talk" context, it means "older one", in a way that "shows respect" or whatever....sorta like in english u say "...Man" but not exactly. a different language. u say it ur friends and stuff, it doesnt matter if they r younger than u......its like "Yo, Was geht Ab, Alter!?" which would be like "Yo, whats up man?"

#11 ·
jtoma878 - 8/29/2005 1:38 PM

Well since I have to replace one of my trailing arms I figured i'd do the whole sha-bang while i'm at it.

So i'm gonna do springs & shocks all around.

I want to lower her. I have a set of 18" rims on there from my CLK (235/45/18) and the front sits way too high with them. rear looks nice, but could use a little more ( maybe .5")

Now I don't want to lose the ride. I am not looking for a sport ride, I want a touring ride. Anyone know where I can get a set of springs? Used or new is fine. Also, suggestions on what brand???

AMSOIL300: How do you say "lowering springs" in german??? I want to check the german ebay site.

Thanks in advance
Do a search of my postings. Several times i've posted a link to a company in the Netherlands that still manufactures lowering springs for the 123. Good luck!

#12 ·
i bought mine from

www.eurocarparts.com

don't know if you still can, made 40 and 45mm drops - cost about the same to ship them as to buy them....install was easy and painless....just had to shim with different spring cups a few times to get the desired look and stance...

good luck
Jake

#13 ·
Yeah, euro car parts do a 40mm drop. Bilstein don't do their own springs for the w123, in the kits you get with spring/damper they come with ventura springs. You can buy them from ecp for £120/$240 approx. Not sure how much postage to the states would be though but I should imagine it's not cheap [:(]

Hope this helps

#14 ·
it wasn't cheap. cost about the same to ship them as it was to buy the springs if i remember right. ... one thing i would like to mention...when you are changing out the spring cups, lube them up with some heavy grease. like axle or hub grease. i forgot to lube my right rear and some times it will squeak and groan, i re sprayed my chassis so the cup is in fresh paint, and the rubber and spring are all new - it will just groan. all the other cups and springs are greased - no complaints....

good luck
Jake

G
#16 ·
BF_JC230 - 8/31/2005 7:33 AM

it wasn't cheap. cost about the same to ship them as it was to buy the springs if i remember right. ... one thing i would like to mention...when you are changing out the spring cups, lube them up with some heavy grease. like axle or hub grease. i forgot to lube my right rear and some times it will squeak and groan, i re sprayed my chassis so the cup is in fresh paint, and the rubber and spring are all new - it will just groan. all the other cups and springs are greased - no complaints....

good luck
Jake
spring cups??? which springs have these? i though that cups were only used to increase height, of springs, when wheels dont fit....mine came with a set of cups, OE parts from MB even.....what are they for? from the way 123Canuck described, i though i only needed them for the front, if the HUGE wheels, which i dont have, wouldnt fit. (clearence)

Please Advise.

#17 ·
AMSOIL300CDT - 9/1/2005 1:22 PM

BF_JC230 - 8/31/2005 7:33 AM

good luck
Jake
spring cups??? which springs have these? i though that cups were only used to increase height, of springs, when wheels dont fit....mine came with a set of cups, OE parts from MB even.....what are they for? from the way 123Canuck described, i though i only needed them for the front, if the HUGE wheels, which i dont have, wouldnt fit. (clearence)

Please Advise.
Amsoil,

Spring Caps/Cups/Seats are located at the top of your front springs. They fit over the top of your spring. If you look in your wheel well, you will see a rubber spacer at the top of the spring, that's them. Not sure if they're on the back springs. They come in thickness' ranging from 8mm - 23mm. When I installed my lowering springs, I bought a set of 8mm caps from my MB dealer. The combination of the lowering springs and 8mm spring caps lowered my front too much for my taste, so I bought a set of 23mm caps from MB and installed them. Perfect! Not sure what the stock thickness is. Be sure to replace the caps when you install your springs, they're really cheap. if you want a set of 8mm caps, i have a pair laying the garage, no cost, just shipping. good luck!

gary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.