Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

w123 Official Photo Gallery Thread

1M views 3K replies 623 participants last post by  ben7 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Please post replies here. The original thread is getting just TOO large [:(]

Thanks,

Alan

#3 ·
I'll chime in too. Here's my 85 Coupe with 137K. Painted in it's original Pearl Black (199) with Palomino interior. My brother and I acquired it in October 2002 with 93K on it.

Attachments

#1,764 ·
So Clean !!!!!!!!!

WOW ...that is a true treasure my friend!

#11 ·
Hi,

I have been checking out this forum since buying my 300D. I have found a lot of usefull inormations here.

I planned on joining but seeing the mint 240D inspired me to joing now.

How did you get such a low millage 240D?!! It looks like it has been stored in a hyperbolic chamber! Really, I would be interested to know it story.

Here is a pic of my 300D
300 some thousand miles, well maintained and runs excellent and is in very good condition.

Plans are to put the euro headlights on it, fix the antenna and maybe new wheels (I will likely just clean the stock ones up)

Attachments

#13 ·
Thankyou all! It was owned by a gentleman in New York who drove it 4000 miles over a 10 year period. It was sold to anothe gentleman in North Dakota who drove it about 4200 miles then sold after 12 years to a fellow in Camarillo Ca. (where I live) and I bought it from him last winter. He kept it in his heated garage on carpet no less. The car has never seen snow or rain and I have all records (not many) including the sale sticker for the window. I bought it because in 1982 I put money down on the exact same color and style but chickened out as, at the time, it was too expensive for me. Life has been good and I saw it and had to have it. Paid way too much, but I love it and am still fighting myself whether to drive it or show it. Sincerely Tom

Attachments

#14 ·
TCB - 5/29/2005 12:34 PM

Thankyou all! It was owned by a gentleman in New York who drove it 4000 miles over a 10 year period. It was sold to anothe gentleman in North Dakota who drove it about 4200 miles then sold after 12 years to a fellow in Camarillo Ca. (where I live) and I bought it from him last winter. He kept it in his heated garage on carpet no less. The car has never seen snow or rain and I have all records (not many) including the sale sticker for the window. I bought it because in 1982 I put money down on the exact same color and style but chickened out as, at the time, it was too expensive for me. Life has been good and I saw it and had to have it. Paid way too much, but I love it and am still fighting myself whether to drive it or show it. Sincerely Tom

Hmmm, where have I seen that color? Oh yeah, on my car!

Attachments

#16 ·
TCB,

I'm in Anaheim, it seems you're not too far away. You got a very nice car there! How did you manage to find such a low mileage specimen? How is it running? There are always two sides to buying a car, a low mileage one (like yours) or a high mileage one. Some say a low mileage car will have its seals dry and its parts sticking due to non-use. I hope it isn't the case with yours!

#18 ·
Here's my baby. I think it's fate that I've fallen in love with diesel automobiles; my birthday is February 17th, which is the same day that Rudolph Diesel performed the first successful test run of his engine back in 1894 [:)]

Attachments

#19 ·
Onkel-Benz - 5/28/2005 8:15 AM

Daimler300CD !!! Very nice car! looks like new![;)]

Onkel-Benz:

Thanks for the nice comment. Unfortunately the car is in need of a bad paint job on it's upper surfaces. The paint is oxidizing like crazy due to the Florida sun. Actually the top of my car has a big white line going down the middle and looks like a skunk[:D] Also, the chrome around the windows is badly hazed and in some places scratched. Other than that the car is almost perfect with the exception with some interior pieces and such. But the important thing is I've got a great car that will more than likely out-live me[:0] I just love the way this car drives. I've been around diesels for 18 of my 20 years of life and don't think I can ever turn away from them. I especially love the 123 body style.

BTW: You have a very nice looking car as well.

Attachments

Reactions: el300cd
#21 ·
lancer - 5/30/2005 1:41 PM

Diamler300CD,
Why would would want a "bad paint job on its upper surface"? [:D][:D][:D]

Just wondering...

Heh heh. I worded that wrong but obviously you know what I meant.

#25 ·
Schmoney, are you talking about the large hoodstar image?

If so, I crept up real close. If you notice, my camera lens (fish-eye) can be seen in the reflection.

You've done a great job on your car, comparing (mentally) your old images from our little contest at W123-World. [8D] Tell us what you did! I swear, once I started using Meguiar's #26, I never looked back! Gold Class car wax became "just another wax" to me!