Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

vacuum line near battery

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  old slug 
#1 ·
I did rust repair on the sheet metal under the battery tray and found a black plastic vacuum hose rotted. One end connects to the bottom of a little siver canister mounted low toward the front of the passenger side in the engine compartment. The cannister has 3 lines, this one comes offf the bottom. The line routed under the battery tray and went through an opening in the wiring harness through the firewall. It apparently connected to something under the dash because when I pulled the remnant of the line out of the harness grommet, it was only about 6 inches long. It seemed to be disconnected since it offered no resistance when I pulled it out. I cut the long end (from the cannister) and plugged it. Does anyone know where this is supposed to connect to?

My door locks are sluggish - I thought that pluggging it would help - but no. Checked trunk and fuel door actuators and they are fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.