Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Transmission line in 300TD

927 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MTUpower 
#1 ·
I found a leak under my car last week. The fluid was red which I have been told is probably transmission fluid. I drove the car home, crawled underneath (mind you I'm a 53 year old woman) and inspected where the leak was coming from. There are two lines on the passenger side of car. The leak is coming from one of those lines. The lines go into the radiator. I looked through my Performance catalog and think I located the part. How hard is it to replace. Please answer quickly. If I can't fix it I need to get it into the shop. Meanwhile I am driving another vehicle. Thanks for any help. [:)]

#2 ·
Most likely those lines are the transmission cooler lines, and they run into a transmission cooler, which is right next to and looks like a radiator. You gotta get two new ones, and replace yours. Be sure to put a seperate wrench on the metal line that the hose connects to when you are changing them soas to not twist and break that line. Be sure to catch the fluid that will come out of the cooler and cooler lines. Wait till it drains and then replace the hoses and refill your tranny with new fluid.
William

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.