Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Is there an"ALDA" on '83 240D?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  DOUGLAS MARTIN 
#1 ·
Have been trying to get a schematic of vacuum lines to check if they are were they belong. The auto trans is not shifting or sloppy at best and today is change the fluids day. The hurricane should not make it into the garage.Have come up with at least 2 different versions but they don't match mine. I have 2- 3/2 switchs on valve cover, black cover was missing when I got the car. 1 schematic shows only 1 switch. The key visual for me is that my injector pump has 3 vacuum connections. Would really appreciate any light or direction. Back to the ALDA thing, is this only on 5 cyl diesel motors? If I've got 1 it's hiding pretty well.
RoyH

#3 ·
On the N/A engines the ALDA senses the atmospheric pressure to make fuel pressure adjustments accordingly, driving from sea level into the mountains, for example.

For the five cylinder turbo engines the ALDA was modified to monitor the boost pressure since the atmospheric pressure is now moot. The ALDA in the turbo engines therefore adjusts fuel pressure in response to boost pressure.

#4 ·
Thanks guys. Visited my friendly local Benz parts dealer today for some return line and got a partial schematic but still messing around.I'm enjoying these dirty finger nails a bunch. Replace some vacuum lines, plugged the egr line, changed oil and filter. Tomorrow fuel filters and tranny fluid. It's great when my wife goes away with the kids to my in-laws.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.