Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Pic of My Car

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  wcolucci 
#1 ·
Hi,
Just thought I would post a pic of my car. I got it on ebay a little over a month ago. Its an 83 300d turbo with 140k on it. I bought because there is no rust at all, No dings or dents and the low miles. There is a crack in the dash but I have a cover. I need some paint and some rims. What tires do you guys use on your cars? I need to buy new tires and am open to suggestions.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
panamacolin - 8/11/2004 10:42 PM

Hi,
Just thought I would post a pic of my car. I got it on ebay a little over a month ago. Its an 83 300d turbo with 140k on it. I bought because there is no rust at all, No dings or dents and the low miles. There is a crack in the dash but I have a cover. I need some paint and some rims. What tires do you guys use on your cars? I need to buy new tires and am open to suggestions.
hey nice pic [:D] i too am in search of tires. i'm considering goodyears (aquatread? or regatta?), yoko's (dbA 2? or avid touring?) or bridgestone's (potenza g009). what do u have in mind?

my rims also need to be polished/painted. looks like we have alike cars (83 300d turbo with 140k plus).

#3 ·
oh yeah I forgot to add I paid $2325.00 for the car. I had been wanting a mercedes turbo diesel with low miles....but they had been hard to come by. One late night on ebay I came across this car on ebay and it was in Florida. Anyways, there was only 1 hour left when I was looking at it. So I waited around and bid in the last seconds and ended up winning the car....I really didnt expect that to happen....anyways I was stoked.

Now if I could just get this vaccume stuff in order.

#4 ·
oh yeah I forgot to add I paid $2325.00 for the car. I had been wanting a mercedes turbo diesel with low miles....but they had been hard to come by. One late night on ebay I came across this car on ebay and it was in Florida. Anyways, there was only 1 hour left when I was looking at it. So I waited around and bid in the last seconds and ended up winning the car....I really didnt expect that to happen....anyways I was stoked.

Now if I could just get this vaccume stuff in order.

#6 ·
Hi panamacolin

I saw your car thatso nice too for the rim i would say the guide line for consideration as our experiance.
My Car W123 280E i used the rim size 17" X 8" with tire Dunloop Lermans size 215/45/R17. For the rim you must be check offset (ET 12 to 30) if have ET 20 is nice and 5 hole PCD 112. you can see my rim pic as Link.
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1181004&posts=12&fid=10
Ron.

Note you can see some nice pic from forum W123 Onwer's Club meeting Bangkok Thailand

#10 ·
zeaq - 8/12/2004 11:27 AM

Nice car panamacolin

Maintain and Keep it forever and don't ever sell it because this car is a vintage car and very hardy seen[:)]and the value will get higher in the future....
When I saw custom W123's I got tempted to switch rims. But I realised never will there again be any car like this ever again. So I just decided on having the rims cleaned, polished and repainted to their original colors. No chrome for me.

Panamacolin, are your rims in good condition? Post some more pics! Don't be surprised if you'll be cleaning, thinking of, or driving her everyday. [;)]

About tires: Can you tell me how the Michelins performed? Do they squeak? M+S? I just got my tires aligned but the shop didn't take it seriously so I have to take it back for realignment. I'm not going back to that shop again. Plus they used a huge monkey wrench to turn the tie rods so they can adjust toe-in. Scratched them. Should I ask them to replace those tie rods? [:D]

#11 ·
Great greatcar,good deal too on the price nice color, as much as I like my coupe's sand beige I would have preferred the light blue like yours.

I have Goodyear Accenture, (put on by previuos owner three weeks ago at $500 for four). they perform well, I drove over 450 miles in the rain here the last two days and they were terrific. I have Blizzak snows, mounted on a second set of alloys for the winter but I won't be driving it in the snow as we salt teh roads here. I'd recommend more of a touring tire than a low profile performance one but that is my preference as my bones are 45 yrs old.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.