Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W116 Marketplace: FS/Trade/WTB/Free

97K views 173 replies 69 participants last post by  luckymike 
#1 ·
Benzworld is not liable for any bad dealings! If in doubt, don't!

Please keep thread clear of conversation to avoid clutter. PM member if you're interested in items,etc. Thank you :thumbsup:

See less See more
#30 ·
1978 Mercedes 280 SE Part-out:

I purchased a parts car last year and I will start the disassembling process once the spring comes. As I am keeping a few things for my 450, please let me know what you need and I will respond with availability and price. Some of the things I am keeping are the bumpers, lights, steering system, fuel pump, instrument cluster, etc.

A few details of the car:
1978 280SE, a little over 200,000 Kms (120K Mi). Has the 185HP European spec M110 engine which I will sell complete, 4 spd auto transmission, no A/C, green cloth/vinyl interior, no sunroof, manual windows. The body is pretty rusty as the car came to Canada in 1991. There are no fluid leaks at all. A couple issues that I am aware of are a cold start problem and an exhaust leak.

Let me know if you want pictures of any particular parts, but keep in mind that the car is currently under 3 ft of snow - I will do my best.

I am located in Toronto, Canada (1.5hrs away from Buffalo NY) and while I prefer local dealings, I will ship parts anywhere at cost.

Here is a picture taken last fall:

You can email me at florinescu79 at yahoo dot ca with any questions / inquiries.

Thank you
Florin

#32 ·
FS W116 Bosch Euro Headlights

For sale are 2 pair.
The top set in the pic looks like someone replaced with new, and hasn't seen a lot of use.
Reflectors are very good, glass is very good with none of the obvious sanding usually seen on older lights, and frame shows little sign of wear as well. There are no chips or cracks on the lights.

I am asking $250 + shipping expenses from L.A.

Of the bottom set, R looks close to the quality the pair described on top , L light (bottom 3 pics) could use a better reflector (looks matte silver instead of shiny) plus the glass shows some sanding and looks a little fogged from the inside.

I paid $170 for the bottom pair. It would be nice to get that back.

Attachments

#35 ·
FS W116 Bosch Euro headlights pair

The bottom pair in the earlier 2 set fs post turned out to be better than I expected (see pics).
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/sal...6-bosch-euro-headlights-pair.html#post8607289

Reduced price: $220 plus shipping cost from L.A.

The other pair went to Northern California in a box Box 20x20x8, 16Lb 1.6 oz. Shipped from 91605
What the usps calculator doesn't tell you, for large packages the post charges for over girth (size), $2.87, and insurance for the lights is $5.50.

#44 ·
'76 450SEL for sale

68K miles, a US-market car. Prior to me a one-family vehicle, always garaged, complete service history since new. Absolutely no rust anywhere. Drives like a new car in all respects.

Astral silver over blue leather. Near-showroom condition inside and out. Original paint, mint interior. Recent Michelins, spares and Euro lights to install. Open to realistic offers, trades on diesel MBs.

Attachments

#47 ·
1973 450 SEL For Sale

1973 450 SEL 4.5L

Has been stored down south since the early 80's.

67,000 miles

Went through the fuel system after it sat for 30 years with fuel in it.

Runs and drives.

Great driver or a good starting point for a show winner.

92O-42seven-nine191

1973 Mercedes 450 SEL

Attachments

#49 ·
Parting out a 1976 Mercedes-Benz 450SEL W116

Parting out a 1976 Mercedes-Benz 450SEL W116

Good mechanicals.

Excellent Tobacco Brown interior, except seats.

Good exterior trim and metal. Rust down low.

Garage kept. Taken off the road because of rust and age.

Contact me for pricing and availability of you part needs.

Ramon
908-447-2327

Attachments

#52 ·
WTB: W116 front fog light lens Bosch (rectangular under bumper fog lights) or complete assembly as well. Need asap so let me know if you have any or see any! Thanks!

#53 ·
Misc 78 280SE parts, including low mile M110 engine and trans

I have a M110 engine and the 722.1 trans for sale, local pickup in 60202 area code (Evanston, Il just north of Chicago)
The engine is from a Euro spec 1978 280SE (185bhp) with 81k original miles. I rebuilt the top end before deciding not to go a head with the body restoration. The head and cam box were completely cleaned and checked for cracks. The cam bearings were checked for proper clearance, all good. I mic'd block and head surfaces for flatness, did a complete valve job. It has a new exhaust cam, new timing chain tensioner, complete new bolt set for the heads and cam box. The timing is within 1-2 degrees measured at the intake cam and all guides and sprockets look like new. The engine was running great before I pulled it out, and the transmission was shifting strong with no flaring or slipping.

I've kept most of the interior parts that were worth keeping, those are available too. Buy the engine and you can take any of the parts I pulled for free. !!

I have a door or two, the rear window for some reason (front is gone), lots of stuff boxed for interior and exterior trim that are getting hard to find.

Asking $400 OBO
PM or shoot a message to toxonix at g mail
thanks,
Brian M.

#55 ·
4 legendary Lorinser LOs staggered "Gullideckel" 8 x 16 offset 22 and 11

polished lips in maschined look like the originals

Brilliantsilver paintjob incl. centercap

Suitable for Mercedes W126 W116 W123 W114/5 and R107!

Special reference for the R107 fans - these rims also fit the later models with the bigger brakes!

Scope of delivery: 4 rims and 4 colorcoded centercaps with chrome star and proper wheel bolts and free shipping to continental USA

Setprice 1550 Euro

Got questions? --> +49152/06607626 oder info(a)mb-youngclassics.de

Roland