Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

SE Arm rest mechanism removal

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  pbowen 
#1 · (Edited)
SE Arm rest shaft removal

I am trying to reupholster my interior on my 68 SE. I was doing fine until it came time to pull the shaft out of the arm rest. I have the arm rest off the seat with the shaft in place but I cant figure out how to get the shaft out so I can recover it. Any advice would be appreciated. I have a photo below.

Thank you,

Paul

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I am trying to pull the shaft out of the armrest. I have the armrest off with the shaft in it. I have it off and the old leather stripped off it. At the end of the shaft holding it on there is a bronze colored big disk (see photo). The arm rotates around this disk and shaft. The disk has 4 slots on its circular perimeter and a 7 mm what looks like a bolt head but it may not be a bolt but a cast part of the disk. I can't get it loose and it looks cast in place. Its odd, usually everything on these cars is so logical. Does anyone know if this is a bolt or is there a trick to getting this disk off so I can pull the shaft out.

Thank you

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.