Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Assistants with 280SE

812 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Luke1 
#1 ·
ALL,

I am need for driver/passenger engine support brackets and a transmission kick down rod assembly. These parts have been difficult to come across, because most people will not sell the kick down mechanism alone, and just hard trying to find those engine support brackets. Does anyone out there have these parts or know who may have them? Car is a 1977 280SE, and the engine supports need to be from a 280SE/ W116 chassis. I have a Euro engine that came from a W126 280SE, so the supports wont fit the W116 like they suppose to.

Luke

#3 ·
I don't see the engine support brackets, but I think I see the transmission kick down parts. The kickdown attaches somewhere to the accelerator linkage. Is the last picture the transmission, if so, it looks like 344 and 355 is what I need.

From part 355, a small long rod would connect from it to the accelerator linkage near the throttle. All part of the kick down acceleration boost.

Thanks, can you help?

#5 ·
I found someone yesterday who has all of the parts that I need. I am located in North Carolina. I will keep in touch if I am not able to get these parts, thanks.

Luke
1977 280SE ( going through restoration ) will be nice
1997 S420 ( just plain nice )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.