Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

sagging 6.9 for your viewing pleasure

5K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  everettpa1 
#1 ·
This has been sitting for years in the parking garage where i work. There was another old sagging W116 that used to sit next to it (registered in Karachi, Pakistan!), but it's gone now.

Even dusty, slightly dinged, and sagging bad, it's still a great looking car.

Enjoy...

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·
I looked for the VIN today, but couldn't see squat. Where is it on this model?[/QUOTE]

If you look through the windshield on the driver's side, there should be a tag placed along the support pillar, about halfway up. This is the VIN number. It may be missing, however. It would be next to the windshield, about halfway up between the dashboard and the roof. Probably just US models.

#15 ·
I looked for the VIN today, but couldn't see squat. Where is it on this model?
If you look through the windshield on the driver's side, there should be a tag placed along the support pillar, about halfway up. This is the VIN number. It may be missing, however. It would be next to the windshield, about halfway up between the dashboard and the roof. Probably just US models.[/QUOTE]

so I should look on the A pillar rather than in the dash? OK, I'll try to look tomorrow morning

thanks

#18 ·
That is a 6.9 VIN number. It's about a 1977 manufacture car.

That is too bad that it's sitting there. I wonder if it has been abandoned. The body looks decent other than the obvious fact that the suspension has no pressure in it. Although it appears that the front suspension isn't completely down.

#20 ·
I don't think it's been abandoned, its been there for years but its license plates show 2008 registration (didn't notice the month) and it has a current permit for parking in the garage. It's apparently owned by someone with enough pull in the building to use the garage as long-term storage. It's sitting in a row with a dust-encrusted W140, and Kharman Ghia, and a "modern" Caddy sedan with a flat tire. There was also another sagging 116, but it's gone now.

#19 ·
The 6.9 was just featured in Mercedes Enthusiast magazine... I would love to take one out for a drive sometime.

#25 ·
Those may have been an early attempt to meet DOT regulations. My bumpers are chrome, but have the rubber blocks that extend out as far as that bumper. It cleans it up a little bit but they still look stupid compared to the Euro bumpers, which maintain the lines of the car.

(That's A/C condensation under the car.)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.