Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W116 Owners Gallery

205K views 234 replies 119 participants last post by  Hamishkmherd 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

Need a favor from you all if you wouldn't mind!Could everyone post some photos of your W116's again?

#54 · (Edited)
On this wonderful Thanksgiving day, gove thanks also for the cars we own no matter in what condition as long as you love it! Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

got my car back from the paint shop yesterday. Slapped the rims on, put the new shift knob on, have to put the steering wheel and chrome grill trim among other little things:

Here's the before:
http://sharkle.com/video/107274/

How much you guys think these cars are worth appraised?

Attachments

#56 ·
euro bumpers and single lens headlights?

this thread has sold me, i need to get euro bumpers and single lens headlights. i can get bumpers, i've seen plenty at the junkyard, but where can i get the head light lenses? they cost approx $500 right? damn they are sexy!!! gonna try to fund this one by selling climate control servos and servo amps, amongst other things, on ebay :rolleyes:

#58 ·
juxtamit said:
this thread has sold me, i need to get euro bumpers and single lens headlights. i can get bumpers, i've seen plenty at the junkyard, but where can i get the head light lenses? they cost approx $500 right? damn they are sexy!!! gonna try to fund this one by selling climate control servos and servo amps, amongst other things, on ebay :rolleyes:

last summer i had a small accident which made me change the head light lenses (euro spec). had them mailed to greece (where i live) from bosch germany, they were something like 90 euros each. all i can say is that its better to find the whole headlight second handed (which i found for about 80 euros in athens) rather than pay same amount just for the glass

#67 ·
love all the cars in this thread. I am bringing a 79 450 sel back to life. COming out of the paint shop today or tomorrow. I am going to make it a amg car "aero kit, penta, steering wheel, etc" It is black on black. Already have the front air dam and trying to get a steering wheel and boot badge. Any idea on how i could lower the car, i have seen a few cars in this thread that look a bit low. Pics to come

#70 ·
Could some one PLEASE post pictures of their 6.9 Engines?

#72 ·
2 year restoration on accident free euro spec car-Totalled 1 day after restoration 60mph crash without a scratch on me..Rebuilt---sunday driver...
Poor man's 600 LANDULET....I guess you can say I crash tested my work and it came out perfect this conversion should be TUV approved for sure...It hauls 286HP unmolested Dot papers with zero emissions junk..

Attachments

#75 ·
74 450SE

This is a 1974 450 SE that we are looking at buying. $NZ3000. Needs a bit of TLC, MB-Tex vinyl is a bit tatty on driver's seat. There are a few patches of rust and the paint is fading in places. Only minor things, cosmetic, mechanically it is sound as ... will be our first attempt. Just love the shape and the chrome ... funky retro.