Wanted Mercedes 1975 Turn / fog signel light drivers side - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 05:53 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: 1967 250 SL, 1963 220Sb
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminum View Post
So I found after my Own Research as No one on this site seems to Know That all Mercedes from 1972 on up to and including 1980 Turn Signal Lens are the Same on " All The Big Body 116 Models " so it must be a 116 Body or chassis . The Lens runs more horizontal in shape rather then on a Vertical Shape on the other models Excepting the 107 chassis , They are all there own ( I have a 1975 107 SLC so looked close at it )

Once again I found who you can count on .
I wish I could remove this entire Post but don't know how
If you are having a pity party because someone didn't tell you then answer, get over it. I actually went to the trouble of looking up the part in EPC and found that there ARE different part numbers for different years, but it doesn't tell which years so I didn't really have anything useful to contribute. That, coupled with you stating that you somehow managed to buy a couple that were wrong let me thinking that there wasn't much way to help you with this other than to post a car in a junkyard for you to go search for yourself.

So if your message is that you can only count on yourself, fine. Lots of others get lots of good help here. I guess you just were not one of those people.

Currently: 1967 250 SL, 1963 220Sb, 1965 300SE Lang, 1971 280SE parts car, 1972 Alfa GTV, 1965 Alfa Duetto, 1993 BMW R100R
Past: 1971 250 C, 1985 300 TD, 1967 250 S, 1968 280 S,1981 300 D, 1982 280CE, 3 Facel Vegas, Borgward Isabella Coupe, Alfa 2600 Sprint, Volvo P1900 (yes), numerous less interesting Volvos, ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 07:26 AM
w108,107 Parts Hoarder

Date registered: Jun 2010
Vehicle: 4Keep:450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500seAMG 2sell:500sl92 380se83 300se86 350sl4sp 75slc MorInSig
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1800 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminum View Post

So I found after my Own Research as No one on this site seems to Know That all Mercedes from 1972 on up to and including 1980 Turn Signal Lens are the Same on " All The Big Body 116 Models " so it must be a 116 Body or chassis .

Once again I found who you can count on .

I wish I could remove this entire Post but don't know how

So... Are you saying that you don't like to provide free contributions of information like everyone else on the site? And you wish that you weren't on this site? You are on this site, or at least were on this site when you were writing that post. Do you also not know yourself?

Please think a little more about what we all do here. We all provide free information to others.

I'm sorry there wasn't someone here who who did not have all the following criteria to meet your needs:
1) has a part for a car that isn't even technically covered in this vintage forum, but the w116 forum, where you would have posted if you read the sticky about what model cars are covered here.
2) Is sitting around waiting for someone like you to come along and to sell that part to your for $10-25 to mail it to you.
3) is knowledgeable and concise enough to type the information that you request for free into this forum.

You might have found someone like that on another forum, perhaps one focused specifically on the w116 chassis would have been a better place to start.

You seemed to be getting good help from others on 8/13/2016. So I didn't see any reason to move your thread to the (near dormant) Benzworld w116 forum. If you'd like me to do that now, feel free to let me know.

Congrats on a great score on your part.

Again, I am sorry that none of the people here (that are just like you) were not able to help you out.

Sincerely,
Mike

My signature:
Click for list of my 34 MB since 2010. If, you want 70's-80's Mercedes tuner wheels, let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.