hey guys, i've been sparingly posting on this forum, about my 61 220b that I've had for about 11 years now. Sadly i never had too much time for this car, but shes been patiently waiting for me. This week I had a friend visit the country and actually brought her back to life!
This is her running after sitting not started for more than 5 years.
Yesterday we went back to clean the carbs a little, as they were stuck and had old gas in them as well. But we got them cleaned up and working great again, and one of the vacuum diaphragms is leaking on the tray underneath only when revving the engine. Already ordered a rebuild kit for the Solex's so I can replace that.
Now I want to do some work on her, to see if I can get her to come out of the garage.
1. I need to do a coolant flush, but don't know what type to use.
2. The gas tank is empty (car ran for about 20 minutes and used up all the gas). Ill replace the fuel filter in the engine bay, but would it be worth taking out the tank and cleaning that as well?
3. It has a hydrak transmission, and the shifter isn't working that well. Its very sloppy and I can't even locate where reverse is. Are there any places where I can find diagrams/parts for it to make it more precise? what is the shift pattern on the Hydraks?
4. rear diff has an oil leak, and it seems like the whole diff is covered in oil. Any tips on what would cause that?
5. I need seatbelts, as it has none.
6. The electrical wire running from the brake MC to the rear stoplights is torn, and the lights don't work. How can that be replaced/fixed?
7. Side question, but what are the 3 lights in the bottom right of the instrument cluster? top is blue, middle is green and bottom is red I believe. What do they tell you?
Here are some pics from last night:
The electrical system on it is in great shape. amazingly.