w108,107 Parts Hoarder
Date registered: Jun 2010
Vehicle: slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500sl92 GONE:280sl79 4xW114/5 3x450sl72-3 280slc4sp81 280s69 73,81SLCs
Location: Philadelphia Area
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1573 Post(s)
Vintage Forum Models Covered
Q: What's a "Vintage" Mercedes Benz?
A: Essentially any Mercedes Benz made before ~1976.
- the 1977+ w123 (240d, 300d, 300ce, 300td etc.) and all later sedans have their own sub fortunes here on Benzworld where you can get better assistance in those forums. Please see the Sedan forums.
- the w116 and r/c107 chassis start in 1973 and 1971/72 respectively, but were a d-jet until 1976, and we cover d-jets fairly well here. If you've got a k-jet, definitely go to the correct forum for your chassis.
I would like to work on compiling useful threads on the various models covered well here, including:
- w114/115 "/8" Stroke 8 vehicles
- w108/109 250se 250s 280s 280se 300sel etc.
- w111/112 and w110 or any Fintails
And some day get enough information compiled on other models we see less of around here:
- w113 pagoda SL cars
- w121 190sl and Pontons
Hopefully we can also get around to compiling information on the various engine families and fuel systems.
- mechanical injection pump systems
- zenith and solex carbs even conversions
All contributions are encouraged and appreciated.
aka Fonzi (because I had to hit the door panel on my first MB to get the power window to work and say "heeey".)
My dream car is a classic sporty five speed (stick+overdrive) convertible that seats five. If, you want 70's-80's Mercedes tuner wheels, let me know.