Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Am I in the correct forum (for my model)?

21K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Fonzi 
#1 · (Edited)
SUMMARY: This forum is for 1976 and older Mercedes.

Q: What's a "Vintage" Mercedes Benz?
A: Essentially any Mercedes Benz made before ~1976.

Q: Why?
A: Because:
  • the 1977+ w123 (240d, 300d, 300ce, 300td etc.) and all later sedans have their own sub forums here on Benzworld where you can get better assistance in those forums. Please see the Sedan forums.
  • the w116 and r/c107 chassis start in 1973 and 1971/72 respectively, but were a d-jet until 1976, and we cover d-jets fairly well here. If you've got a k-jet, definitely go to the correct forum for your chassis.

I would like to work on compiling useful threads on the various models covered well here, including:
  • w114/115 "/8" Stroke 8 vehicles
  • w108/109 250se 250s 280s 280se 300sel etc.
  • w111/112 and w110 or any Fintails
And some day get enough information compiled on other models we see less of around here:
  • w113 pagoda SL cars
  • w121 190sl and Pontons

Hopefully we can also get around to compiling information on the various engine families and fuel systems.
  • d-Jetronic
  • mechanical injection pump systems
  • zenith and solex carbs even conversions

All contributions are encouraged and appreciated.

Sincerely,
Mike
aka Fonzi (because I had to hit the door panel on my first MB to get the power window to work and say "heeey".)

See less See more
#2 ·
Hopefully we can also get around to compiling information on the various engine families and fuel systems.
- d-Jetronic
- mechanical injection pump systems
- zenith and solex carbs even conversions
Hi Mike,

As you know, a great deal of the Mercedes Djet discussion and information on BW is currently in the R/C107 forum. Owners of sedans probably wouldn't think to search there. And owners of 107s probably wouldn't be as likely to search here.

If everything was in the stickies, it could be cross referenced, and that would be a start. But that would still miss the information in threads that don't make their way into the stickies.

Not suggesting anything, but the Djet roll-call on 107 forum got me thinking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.