Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

My Accuair w108 Featured in Mercedes Enthusiast March 2016 Issue

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  dj adrian 
#1 ·
Long time member but been quiet for the last few years

My 1968 280se was featured in March 2016 Mercedes Enthusiast. That's me on the cover and there is a 5 page spread on my car - I was pretty stoked to see this come out!

Been reading this magazine for years drooling over cars nice to be included with my favorite mercedes to date

Back Issues 2016 | Mercedes Enthusiast

Adding page scans...

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks nice! I have a 300sel 4.5 so it has the air bags already in it but the valves are leaking pretty bad. I have been looking at the accuair system as a replacement. The 109 chassis only used 3 valves, 2 up front and one in the rear, I assume you used 4 sensors to control the valve manifold? do you know if you can just hook up 3 sensors? I assume I should just call accuair.

Nice ride!

#7 ·
Not sure on the 3 sensors, but I will say accuiar has a great customer service team so should certainly hit them up. Unsure how it would plumb into the existing bag system but theoreticallly it could work, note I have a single large air tank in the trunk with 2 viair compressors. I believe your factory system has smaller compressors by each wheel that feed directly into each bag? My trunk still has a lot of room, just takes up the back portion in between the shock towers

#8 ·
Yeah, a call to them would be best.
The factory system uses an engine driven pump, 4 bags at each corner, a reservoir in the left front fender, a main air valve for overall control (normal, high, locked) and 3 height control valves, 2 front one rear, the valves are all mechanical, there is a linkage rod off the lower control arms in the front to the valves and a single linkage off the rear swaybar to the rear control valve. The thinking was the rear swaybar would control roll and the bags would just control height.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.