BenzWorld Senior Member
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1965 220SE sedan (finnie) with 450SE conversion, 1964 220SE coupe project, 1966 300SE coupe
Location: Brisbane Australia
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
It is not so rare to find a seller that is not entirely honest though...
- does not disclose it was a LHD car that has been converted to RHD
- says the PO lost all the papers in the earthquake, but does not answer any questions about proving the car was imported legally or can be registered
- says all this work has been done, but has no receipts - it couldn't be too hard to get them off the businesses that did the work
- says how much money you will make ($300k!!! Perhaps it was a 3.5 LHD cab as well!), but wants to offload it because of no storage thereby offering a huge return to us lucky punters
- no underbody shots, or pics of cab-specific parts
- does the new engine have the tach drive? There seems to be a tach looking cable near the dizzy...
- you can talk to the PO only after you buy the car
I am not saying the seller is a complete shonk, but there is minimal transparency being offered up front - rather it is only the questions being posted that complete the picture. Still, it is a cab and they are glorious. Do your homework though people.