Good morning gentlemen.
I'm looking to buy a 1969 280SE as a daily driver because I really love older vehicles.. especially elegant ones such as this model. At first, I planned on buying a 1959 Cadillac, but I couldn't find any within my price range. This would be my very first car.
Regarding my ability to afford this vehicle, I have a clean, 720+ credit score and a steady job (despite it being a paid internship at $8.00 an hour). I've already found the vehicle, but I'm planning to pay an appraiser, Steve Linden (you can google him) because my credit union (who also does insurance programs) requires it.
I attached several pictures. Here's the description:
Here is an original 72,000 mile well maintained with records 68 280SE 4 Door Mercedes Benz. Its original owner was Anselm Franz one of the original designers of the jet engine, Brought over from Germany after WW2 by the Americans under code-name "operation paper clip. See wikipedia!
The Benz is in fantastic condition and runs great. 1st year of fuel injection, the 2.8 6 cylinder purrs like a kitten. The floor mounted shifter operates the automatic transmission effortlessly. Interior and exterior is in great condition. Car is Creme in color. This car needs nothing and everything works as it should. Get in and drive it! Feel free to ask any questions.
When I talked to him a few days ago, the seller bought the car from a deceased neighbor he knew well. He took the car to a few car shows and wants to sell it to purchase a Land Rover. The asking price is $14,995.
Here are my comments and questions:
1. I would like to install original hat shelf speakers soon.
2. I would also like to install carpeting in the trunk area (~$2-3K?)
3. The becker radio would eventually be modified with an auxiliary input source for my phone.
4. Has anyone installed a killswitch in any of their cars? If so, where (without compromising the interior)?
5. Since I'm a 20 year old male in Texas, how much would my insurance premiums be?
Thank you for taking the time to read my post.