About a week or two ago the warehouse was overflowing and I needed to bring this one home. It was smoking worse than ever before and I'm wondering if added vacuum from thicker oil is causing more oil to be sucked in via valve stem seals, or it's simply gotten worse.
I'm debating the engine replacement (with used), vs heads rebuilt, and all the other items I know this car needs. I'm not sure if I've created the laundry list of things that need repair on this car, but I think it is time:
- smoking engine.
- front seats currently covered in sheepskins seems sufficient for now, but not to be forgotten.
- radio powers up but no sound (but there's also no antenna for some reason).
- no antenna
- Hvac apparently INOP. Needs investigation
- suspension bangs hard. Needs investigation.
- engine bay wiring harness needs to be stolen from parts car SEL. Grommets to protect it from metal as starter wire arced on one of these.
- bad cold start in cold weather, runs like crap and stalls on initial startup (but fine in summer).
- paint chips and weak paint job
- passenger front window regulator probably needs replacement, but I should have this in the parts cars.
- trunk lock needs to be installed with one that I have a key to.
- need to mount the lower dash piece that goes over the trans tunnel.
- some door wood needs replacement
- need to swap rear bumper with one of the parts cars
- need a trunk mat, NLA, missed the window from classic center.
Or to cut my hardwood flooring into place.
- sunroof cable lube
- shifter bushings
(I replaced the headlights and the voltage regulator, and that problem seems to be solved.)