SEE POST 7 FOR REQUESTS LIST.
As the title says, I'm going to see if I can justify starting to tear this car apart sooner rather than later. I do plan to ultimately part this out, but was hoping to get it running well enough to determine what works and what doesn't. Last night the starter stopped cranking for whatever reason. Time to either part it out in my driveway or drag it off somewhere to part out later.
Last time I looked into parting a sedan, I think there was only about $200 worth of "demand", and I sold the whole car instead.
- cool (valuable? Chrome shifter plate labeled 2,3,4 N R P) and shifter with golf-ball-sized wood shifter with MB logo on top. OEM??
- m130 (duel zentih carb) motor was running yesterday with fuel in carbs and sounded good when running
- Bosal muffler still has sticker on it.
- Passenger fender has only small dents and looks rust free.
- hood and doors look good (but has small spots of surface rust where paint has peeled)
- most of interior is good (other than small rips in blue tex passenger seat bottom and cracks in dash).
- trunk pan looks solid
- trunk mat intact and appears good, and has been protected by a carpet laid on top.
- floor pans look solid from what I can see, but need further investigation, probably some rot somewhere. I might want these for my black coupe though.
- other stuff I will probably used for my black coupe: brake hoses, shocks, and other consumable parts look "brand new".
- all four power windows work and the side and rear glass looks good.
- dent in rear between tail lights including the rear small bumper (still looks a lot better than big bumpers though)
- rip in bottom of passenger MBTex seat
- no Becker radio
- although I could make the car run by pouring
- dented trunk lid
- noticed small crack in passenger tail light
- front headlights look worn
- haze around edges of windshield
- most anodized trim looks oxidized
^^ I have the 250c badge.
^^^ VIN 114.023.12.000169