Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: 1967 250 SL, 1963 220Sb
Location: Los Angeles / Altadena
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
I am looking for someone to do some electrical work:
1. fix the instrument cluster lights,
2. replace my dome light,
3. fix side turn signals, and
4. fix the system that allows the seats to fold down my pressing those black buttons on the sides.
You are looking for possibly different people and possibly yourself on some of this stuff...
Based on what you wrote, I'm guessing you have a 1970 W114 250C with automatic column shift. Is that correct?
1. What is wrong with cluster lights? Does potentiometer not work? Too dim? Burnt out bulbs?
2. Do you mean the bulb or the whole dome light assembly? Easy either way.
3. What is wrong with the turn signals, and does the hazard light switch function correctly?
4. It's rare for this function to work on a W114 coupe. You have a vacuum leak somewhere. Did the seat latches stop working, or did they never work? Mine never worked while I owned my car and it wasn't a problem. What part of the seats is not working? (stays locked, always unlocked,...)
Currently: 1967 250 SL, 1963 220Sb, 1965 300SE Lang, 1971 280SE parts car, 1972 Alfa GTV, 1965 Alfa Duetto, 1993 BMW R100R
Past: 1971 250 C, 1985 300 TD, 1967 250 S, 1968 280 S,1981 300 D, 1982 280CE, 3 Facel Vegas, Borgward Isabella Coupe, Alfa 2600 Sprint, Volvo P1900 (yes), numerous less interesting Volvos, ...