Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W187 restoration

13K views 88 replies 9 participants last post by  Ruban 
#1 ·
Hi my nick name is Ruban and I'm from Sweden, I'm glad to be a member of this forum. I don't own a MB but I really like the cars. I have a small shop after my ordinary job as manufacturing at Volvo. I'm a panel beater and restore old body. At the moment I restore/ rebuild a Porsche and next project will be MB w187.
Would you like to se some picture here during the restoration ???
If you have interest please se my Facebook as well
https://sv-se.facebook.com/pages/***...784?ref=stream
Fagerstroms bilplat

Best regards / Ruban

#6 ·
Hi, yes as soon I got the car to my shop i will load picture during the restoration. At the moment I'm to end up a Porsche and that car may not fit in to this forum :)

And I build a Essex 1930 aluminium racer and that is not a MB either, but soon I will come nice picture.

:) wrong picture

Attachments

#8 ·
Hi again

I did a mistake and started up a new post, but I will change it and go on with this one. So sorry :(

About w187 project, the car is at blasting company at the moment and plan to arrive to my shop end of next week. I add one picture I took in the barn we I checked the car first time

#11 ·
Hi
Any tryed my link ?

This is not any Mercedes, but I will share another project how is ongoing and same time test and learn how to upload picture. This car is an Hudson / Essex 1930 racer I'm doing for a customer, but the cab b have pool position.
Sorry for my English :)

Thanks in advance // Ruban

Attachments

#14 ·
Hi Ruban,
Your link to your facebook page works even if I don't log in (I don't like FB). However, I could not find any 'translate' button so I had to be content with looking at pretty pictures of nice metal shaping! It looks like you are a skilled artist so that old benz should be very easy for you to fix.
Your test pictures are also working here fine.
Good luck with all the workload, Drew

#15 ·
Hi drew56cus

Many thanks, I will say I'm not a fan off FB as well. But it's a good way to show the progress to my customer, some one like and som will be secret.
Translate button :) yes I know how you fell. I need that button as well .

Best regards / Ruban

#16 ·
Hi Gentlemen
New information, the car come to me Wednesday-Thursday . But I promise to add picture to this post if you are interested.

I have some question about the sill area, any one here how is a owner of this model.

I wish you all good weekend and sorry for my Swedish - English.

Best regards / Ruban

#21 ·
Cristianromania

We go with this post instead. I will add picture here

And yes as soon the car is coming we will solve you problem

// Ruban

Hello Ruban
my name is iacob and,same like you,I try to restore a W187 from 1953.
I will blasting the body next weel.Last weel I did the chassis.It is realy great after this operation!!
But,I have a big problem.I bought it without a part (the tunnel from inside the car between the front chairs who cover the gear box).
Can you send me some measures for this part because I think that I don't have any chances to find this part.
Thank you very much and sorry for my poor English.
Iacob

#22 ·
Hi everybody

The has arrived from the blasting company and I think it was easier to transport it from the blasting then to the blasting company :)

I add some picture and then during my restoration.

Please don't hesitate to share if you have similar project or you like to see my restoration.
Best regards // Ruban

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.