BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2014
Vehicle: 1985 300SD
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Vacuum probs '85 300SD

So, I blew my first 300sd engine trying to teach my ex how to do a valve adjustment. Finally got a new engine in, but it was my first swap, and I really did not pay enough attention to the vacuum system. That said, I have learned quite a bit. Anyways, I am having problems with power when the car is in gear. It revs super high in neutral, but I put it in gear, and almost doesn't accelerate. So I figured i'd start messing with the vacuum system. I am currently following the vacuum lines to the trunk on the passenger side. If you could tell me if I'm off or just totally wrong I would appreciate it immensely!! So, I found three lines, one to the fuel check system, one to the trunk lock, and the other to what I though was going to be a vacuum reservoir, but was instead another vacuum pump?? Is this in case you run out of vacuum when the engine if off? Should there be a one way valve inline somewhere, and should this pump hold vacuum if I test it? Also, is there a reservoir somewhere? I replaced the ALDA line as I heard that could cause some power problems, but it didn't do anything. -Thanks for any input you might have! Thanks a bunch,

-Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 05:41 PM
Premium Member

Date registered: Nov 2012
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Premium Member
the 126 car does not use any vacuum from the engine to the power locks , so , dont go there .the pump in trunk does it all .the vacuum system has nothing to do with low power .also i have never replaced the aneroid at injection pump , it does not go bad .there is a line that goes from the aneroid to a valve at fire wall and then to rear of intake manifold , connect that line from aneroid directly to the back of intake bypassing the valve .make sure the fitting at intake manifold is clear [ r/r and clean .] make sure the turbo spins . dont use any vacuum line at the EGR valve , keep it closed .
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2014
Vehicle: 1985 300SD
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Ok, so I found out the vacuum pump in the trunk was not working, so I replaced it, and fixed a couple leaks, and now my door work! Yay. Still have shifting problems, so I checked out the bowden cable, which was not attached to the transmission, and was busted.. so I bought a used bowden cable, but it looks like the piece on the transmission where the end of the bowden cable is supposed to attach is broken. Imagine a metal up side down 'J' coming out of the transmission.. not sure how I should go about fixing this. I almost want to try tying a knot on it and taping it. lol. J/k! Any suggestions would be very helpful, even if you just have a pic of what the attachment on the transmission is supposed to look like. I'm hoping I'm just slow

-Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in