LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Dec 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Door lock actuator(?) help/removal 84 300D

PLEA FOR HELP! hi. I have a new (to me) 84 300D, and I'm having a grand time working on the little things that I have never bothered with with previous cars.

the new thing that's bothering me is that the front passenger side door lock has a broken piece inside. I have no idea what this piece is called, which is part of the problem. it's the plastic arm that lifts the door lock post up and down when the doors are unlocked/locked. It would be okay if I didn't truly think that my vacuum door locks would work just fine if that piece were whole - all the other doors seem to have great vacuum pressure when driver door is locked. and car turns off just fine most of the time unless I've only run it for a very short time, and then pressing down on my rear driver side lock post usually will make it turn off.

anyway, after some fruitless Web searches, I have not been able to locate that piece for sale anywhere except some weird site from Thailand and also it seems like I would have to rip the whole door lock actuator apart to replace it. instead, I would like to replace the entire actuator (I only call it that because that's what I've seen it called on eBay - the part that actually holds the door closed, the catch)

I have a 300SD that I'm using as a parts car so I could use the actuator off that if they're comparable - anyone know if they are? I can get one off eBay, but some of those are listed as both 123 and 126 parts, so if I can use the one I have, even better.

and also HOW DO I GET THE DAMNED THING OUT? preferably without damaging the vacuum system, paintwork, outside and inside handles, locking mechanism etc?

many thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 07:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jan 2013
Vehicle: 90 350SDL, 98 S420, 97 SL500, 94 S420, past owner of W108/W112/W114/W123/W124/W126/W140 & W220 cars
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Pictures would go a long way in trying to understand what you're describing....

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 06:57 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Oct 2012
Vehicle: 1968 250S, 1991 300se, 1998 SL500, 2x 1977 450SEL 6.9. Past MB's; 300SD, 300E, 300TE, 190E, ML420
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
sign yourself up for EPC, it is free, you will have diagrams and all part numbers for your car.

EPC-net Online
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Dec 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

hope these links show up. I can't figure out how to order from the Thailand Co. I have been practicing how to remove the part on my SD, but I have reached an impasse.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: