Cool Cars at Pull-A-Part New Orleans - Mercedes-Benz Forum

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2014
Vehicle: 1977 300D
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 382
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Cool Cars at Pull-A-Part New Orleans

Dropped by there today and found these:

1970 C-Class:






1971 250 Coupe:




1976 240D




1978 SL






Just thought I would pass this info on in case someone is in the area and looking for some old parts.

Good luck

Baton Rouge, LA

1977 300D - My DD
2004 LS430 - Wife's DD
BayouFlyFisher is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 06:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
dgosh28's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2011
Vehicle: '71 250, '78 450SLC 5.0, '78 450SL, '81 380SLC 5.6, '89 260E, '15 Kia Sorento
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,169
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Thanks for posting this information. If you make a trip back there please let me know. I am in desperate need of parts from that '71 250, but there is no way I can get there.
dgosh28 is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 01:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,807
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Neat cars, those are some nice euro bumpers....if that is the orignal radio on the floor of that 250....i would grab it....they are pretty valuable...

Be your own person...
DON'T....
Drink the Kool-Aid....
cooljjay is offline  
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2014
Vehicle: 1977 300D
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 382
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgosh28 View Post
Thanks for posting this information. If you make a trip back there please let me know. I am in desperate need of parts from that '71 250, but there is no way I can get there.
I'm sure I'll go back soon. The only problem is that right now they do not have a car from which I need parts. But I go at least once per month as they are terrible at having an accurate listing on their website. You might want to call them and find out if the parts pricing is the same for the cars in their "classics" section. If it their pricing is good for you, send me a list of the parts you want and an email address (PM me). Then when I go down there I can send you pictures and you can let me know whether the parts are in a condition that interests you. If the parts meet your criterion, I'll pull them and ship them for you. You can chip in on my diesel for the trip. Google maps says it 99.1 miles from my house to the Pull-A-Part in New Orleans - West. I would love to help someone save another Mercedes!

Baton Rouge, LA

1977 300D - My DD
2004 LS430 - Wife's DD
BayouFlyFisher is online now  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2014
Vehicle: 1977 300D
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 382
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljjay View Post
Neat cars, those are some nice euro bumpers....if that is the orignal radio on the floor of that 250....i would grab it....they are pretty valuable...
Naw, it was an Sony or some such. I try to pull almost any becker radio (working or not) I find in a jy.

Baton Rouge, LA

1977 300D - My DD
2004 LS430 - Wife's DD
BayouFlyFisher is online now  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 05:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
dgosh28's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2011
Vehicle: '71 250, '78 450SLC 5.0, '78 450SL, '81 380SLC 5.6, '89 260E, '15 Kia Sorento
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,169
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
I'm sure I'll go back soon. The only problem is that right now they do not have a car from which I need parts. But I go at least once per month as they are terrible at having an accurate listing on their website. You might want to call them and find out if the parts pricing is the same for the cars in their "classics" section. If it their pricing is good for you, send me a list of the parts you want and an email address (PM me). Then when I go down there I can send you pictures and you can let me know whether the parts are in a condition that interests you. If the parts meet your criterion, I'll pull them and ship them for you. You can chip in on my diesel for the trip. Google maps says it 99.1 miles from my house to the Pull-A-Part in New Orleans - West. I would love to help someone save another Mercedes!
PM sent
dgosh28 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome