Ups, that is misleading .. Don't have a 250C ... yet. I own the following cars:
- 69 911S Softwindow Targa
- 53 Lancia Appia Berlina, Series 1 (Oldest in the US, currently being prepped for the California Mille)
- 61 Lancia Appia Vignale Convertible (20k miles from new)
- 72 Alfa Romeo Junior Zagato
On the Merc, I have just spoken to a friend of mine and he, rightfully so, recommended to also start looking in Germany. As they are more loved there, albeit also a tad more expensive. So I went onto mobile.de and contacted the sellers of the following series 1 and 1.5 cars. Let's see what comes out of it (And yes, I bought a few cars, including my Alfa in Europe so I know how to do that and all included costs rather well by now).
- Beautiful 250CE in metallic green (With what looks like the 5 speed? Ad says it is a manual)
- 280CE in unbeatable color combination
- Another 280CE in ok colors but with, what looks like the 5 speed
- Another 250CE in great Tunisbeige at a more reasonable price point and with sunroof
It really shows that Germany has better cars. Does not surprise me at all.
Those are some really nice coupes, a ton better than what we have here. They have all the stick shifts and injected cars, while North America got neither.
Being injected, I think they are all much more desirable than what we've got here in the states.
I'm not sure, but I think that while the North American solex m110 is the worst engine in a w114 (but could definitely be wrong on this) the Euro m110 injected is the best engine. Again, I could be wrong on this. I do know that getting to the intake manifold of an M110 engine is quite a job. So maybe it's not all that well loved by mechanics. I do love my k-jet m110 4-speed 1981 280slc. It's a blast to drive.
So I tried to look at the data card for options and didn't see a 230 or 232 jump out at me (pagoda codes), but I did see "6/1972" a very late production date for a 250 I think, a 2.5 liter, not 2.8. Then I looked at http://www.automobile-catalog.com
and see that the 4-speed manual seems to only have been available up to May.
But of coarse they don't show any 114.022 after that date at all.
I can't wait to hear more about it.