Now that I've taken one apart, I think this will make more sense to me.
Sam (the w114 man) stopped by today and took a look at the rear carb. He explained a few things to me and showed me how my accelerator pump was stuck and wouldn't come up all the way. He got the piston out for me and it is soaking. He said that the carbs looked very very original. He said he would keep the leather on the piston that he inspected saying it looked very very good and that it is probably better than the neoprene one that would come in the rebuild kit.
That was all very positive.
Of course while here, I showed him what's been going on with the blue and black coupes. He was pretty impressed with the progress I've been making. I personally don't feel like I've made any great progress, now owning m130 w114 for nearly a year now and just getting to the first carb rebuild. Anyway, it made me feel good a out things.
I'm considering picking up 2-3 more buckets of the Berryman Chem-Dip containers today so I can have everything soaking all at the same time. The parts I cleaned but couldn't fit in the bucket with the others clearly need some soaking, as Sam confirmed.
Thanks for the reminder on the zenith manual. I will print out a copy later, and definitely use it for the rebuild.
As for tonight, it's date night. So no more carb work in the near future.