Time to buy your next project!
As I got home last night I had a moment of clarity. The 1970 250c was the most pressing project because I really didn't like having a non-running car. Now that it's gone, I think I know what is next, the black 1972 250c.
- single owner
- white steering wheel option
- white leather interior w no rips
- carbs seem great, but maybe need some minor tweaking (for which I will probably come back to this thread).
But it does have its list of issues:
- need to install windshield I got for it
- oil sender for cluster needs to be replaced
- alternator not charging, probably due to rodents eating wiring.
- brake calipers need replacing
- fuel lines need replacing
- rust around rear wheel wells.
But I think I'm not going to do anything on it until I know I can get my hands on the title. I'm still waiting on the seller to get a search certificate of the original owner for the duplicate title. No surprise that the title from 1972 wasn't found when the original owner died around 2002.
The car is currently in my garage taking up a previous spot. I'm honestly wondering what to do with it until I can get the title.
I guess I will focus on my SLC Convertible and 1985 280sl 5-speed.