LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2013
Vehicle: 1971 250c
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
it is at a lot right by my house and the are allowing me to toy with iy before making the purchase. the engine does turn, im just making sure to check it out well before getting stuck with a lost cause.. also waiting for them to locate the title but things are in the works. as it stands asking price is only 500.00 so really i cant lose much but I also dont want to throw my money out the window. if i can get it running fairly quickly then i will be able to register it and not have to worry about my apartment complex complaining about an unregistered vehicle sitting around until i get moved into my house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 07:05 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2004
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Jeez, $500 is all you are worried about? I thought you were talkin a couple thou. What's it weigh? You can probably get that much for it at the crusher if the motor is locked up. And why does it have to be running to register? Don't you just take the title to the DMV and get tags for it? I doubt they have emissions or safety inspections for something that old.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 07:14 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Aug 2008
Vehicle: 1971 250C
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyP View Post
it is at a lot right by my house and the are allowing me to toy with iy before making the purchase. the engine does turn, im just making sure to check it out well before getting stuck with a lost cause.. also waiting for them to locate the title but things are in the works. as it stands asking price is only 500.00 so really i cant lose much but I also dont want to throw my money out the window. if i can get it running fairly quickly then i will be able to register it and not have to worry about my apartment complex complaining about an unregistered vehicle sitting around until i get moved into my house.
$500?
that is insane, buy it before it goes away..

don't need the url, click on the little staple sign and browse to your picture and then upload.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013, 12:53 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2011
Vehicle: 1971 250/8 sedan with 80 K miles. Driven only in Summer.
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Corey. Unless you have the cash and ambition to restore this Benz. I would buy it and sell it to anyone of us for $1000. Or there is lots of info. in this forum to keep you busy for a long time. Please store it in a garage and keep us informed of the progress on this car.
Harald.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013, 07:53 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2012
Vehicle: 1968 250S, 1991 300se, 1998 SL500, 1977 450SEL 6.9. Past MB's; 300SD, 300E, 300TE, 190E, ML420
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Garage
just from your profile pict it looks decent.

search this forum for carb / zenith rebuild, that question come up a lot. you will pay someone else @$500 to rebuild them or you can buy parts for about $100 and do yourself. when you get to that point there are great resources for setting them up correctly.

If everything is decent that a good scrubbing work bring back, then go for it at $500 is a good price.

depending what you want to do with it and how nice you want to make it, check out all the rubber bits, door seals, window seals, ect. these can add a bit.

assuming it doesnt have rust issue from back window into trunk and front cowl into footwells this seems pretty good. to get running well you might plan for upwards of $1000, that would be servicing everything including carb rebuild. still not bad to have running car for under $1500

more picts would help if you can do that. just click on the paperclip above where you type message and upload them.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013, 07:55 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2012
Vehicle: 1968 250S, 1991 300se, 1998 SL500, 1977 450SEL 6.9. Past MB's; 300SD, 300E, 300TE, 190E, ML420
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Garage
kav, gee you should buy it as a parts car for yours.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavadarci View Post
$500?
that is insane, buy it before it goes away..

don't need the url, click on the little staple sign and browse to your picture and then upload.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013, 09:54 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Aug 2008
Vehicle: 1971 250C
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumb View Post
kav, gee you should buy it as a parts car for yours.....
If I were closer and had space by now it would have been in front of me :-)
I have no luck with finds like that in Canada

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in