230S clutch hose - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2013
Vehicle: 1964 Unimog 406, 1967 230S Fintail.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
230S clutch hose

Hi All
I recently got my 230s Fintail running well again after quite some time, possibly over thirty years, and on my job list are clutch hydraulics, the clutch kind of worked before I took off the slave etc but the clutch flexi is rather tired, I ordered what I thought was the correct hose but its fittings are too small as in M12, the hose I removed has a male end and a female end and is M14 at both ends, I am having difficulty identifying the hose I need but on a German web site I found a 230SL hose that appears the same with M14 ends but I don't know if its the right length, does anyone on here know if the 230SL hose is the same as the 230S Fintail one or the Mercedes part number for the hose I need, thanks Bill.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Premium Member

Date registered: Nov 2012
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Premium Member
part number is 000 295 03 35 , 22 cm long with 14mm male and female ends .
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Hi
thanks for that, I assume that's the part number for the 230S part, but is it the same as the 230SL item, on the web sites I have looked at and the Niemoller catalogue I can't seem to find the correct part, it does not help that I don't fully understand the catalogue as its only available in German and not in the same format as the original Mercedes parts books which are rather nice. Bill.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 09:46 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2013
Vehicle: 1961 190SL
Dakota,

I just finished redoing the brakes on my wife's 190 SL. Being unwilling to pay outrageous prices for "genuine" parts I stuck my nose into a brake parts catalog at a local parts store and found Raybestos hoses for other applications that are a perfect fit. For example, a VW Fox front brake hose also fits the 190 SL front.

Same story with the master cylinder and wheel cylinder cups. Cups are generic. Only the diameter matters, with one caveat. Master cylinder cups are of a different design from wheel cylinder cups and they should not be interchanged.

Ray W
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Hi
thanks for the reply, it would appear that the 230SL clutch hose is not the same as the Fintail one, indeed it appears there are three possibilities for the 230S, however I took a look at location of the clutch hose to see if the shorter 230SL item could be used with some work as the one that appears absolutely correct is Mercedes only and not cheap, and I found that the SL item should be fine, at worst I may have to alter the mounting bracket on the gearbox, the hose I removed has lots of slack on it when installed and this may be down to my car being RHD and the hose being mounted differently to its LHD friends, so its off to MB classics for one of their seventeen Euro hoses for an SL,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in