I'm Sir Nicholas. I have had this car for two years, using it as a part time driver. I have slowly been working on it, and thanks to the two years I have been reading this forum, I have been able to learn a great deal of information on this vehicle. I have been able to answer most of my own questions through searching, but I have yet to introduce my vehicle. Please enjoy.
PICTURES HERE: http://sirnda.imgur.com/all/
This car will be an on going project, and I have lots and lots of questions. I finally decided to speak out and ask, and hopefully I can get some help through my project.
1. My headlight switch is going out and will be needing to repair it or replace it. Does anyone know if a repair is possible, or replacing the whole headlight switch is the only option?
2. How should I wire my side lamps?
3. What should I do in order to keep the car on the road as long as possible, so far I have: replaced spark plugs, distributor, and wires, changed oil, fixed radiator and added new fluid, replaced muffler and piping, two new bushings on shifter connecting like a ball joint, repaired the generator, replaced all fuses, and cleaned battery terminals.
4. When I apply the brakes, my car almost feels as if it is going to sway left. It feels like the front left brake is applying the most stopping power. I would like to know what this may be, from what I understand all of the pads are good, and they may possibly just need a better adjustment than what I have done. I adjusted them myself based on what I learned online, and I am thinking that I did it correct, but may need to readjust as it has been a few hundred miles I have driven it.
5. Is there anywhere where I can buy a reasonable bushing kit, or suspension parts. I need a steering damper, 2 inner tie rods, 2 outer tie rods, 1 center link. (According to shop). I am not looking for OEM spec, just a good replacement parts to keep this on the road as long as possible.
6. I am looking to repaint it the same gold color, but I am uncertain of the color code. I have never had a car painted before, and want to make sure I know the exact color code in case the shop needs it.
This will be an on going project, and I appreciate any help. Thank you.