BenzWorld Senior Member
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1965 220SE sedan (finnie) with 450SE conversion, 1964 220SE coupe project, 1966 300SE coupe
Location: Brisbane Australia
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
I don't have the manual or car in front of me, but this is what I remember about removing it:
- you have to remove the wood around the base of the windscreen - they have little blue plastic nuts on them (9mm I think) way up the back of the dash. Not the most enjoyable job to remove. This is because the dash pad will have some screws holding it down to the dash, un the front near the windscreen.
- On each side, near the little penny vents, there are 2 clips that the dash clips into that are retained by metal nuts (can't remember size). I prefer to undo the nuts as the dash plastic can break when trying to pull it off the barbed clips.
- there are long screws under the front edge that screw up into clips under the dash
- you need to slacken off the steering column mount strap under the dash
- obviously, the instrument cluster has to be out. Make sure you don't start the engine with the oil pressure gauge pipe open!