BenzWorld Senior Member
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1965 220SE sedan (finnie) with 450SE conversion, 1964 220SE coupe project, 1966 300SE coupe
Location: Brisbane Australia
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
A few tricks to be wary of
- the quarter glass knob - you have to pop the central ring out from behind. Get a little make-up mirror and look in behind the knob, and rotate it until you see a little hole. Then bend a piece of coat hanger so it has a U-shape on the end, so you can get it behind the knob, insert it into the hole, and push out the centre.
- the inside window handle - reach in behind it and push the upholstered pad out a bit, then it slides one way (can't remember which) to come off
- the inside door handle - prise the black plastic hemisphere out of the chrome housing, and there is a screw in behind it.
- when removing the door card, just do it carefully so you don't tear the clips out of the masonite door card. Perhaps use a flat scraper close to the clip to pop it out rather than bending the whole door card.
- everything else is pretty straight forward.