BenzWorld Senior Member
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1965 220SE sedan (finnie) with 450SE conversion, 1964 220SE coupe project, 1966 300SE coupe
Location: Brisbane Australia
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
1) Jack car up and place on jack stands. Remove jack and check car is stable and safe to work under. Rear wheels should be dangling on the shockies.
2) On the bracket, slacken both bolts 1 turn.
3) Place the jack (maybe with a block of wood if your jack does not reach high enough, as per my case) under the right hand side of the bracket, under the right hand bolt. Jack up and put a little tension on the bracket.
4) Undo and remove the right hand bolt. Make sure the jack does not move.
5) Move well away from the spring. Slowly lower the jack so that the bracket pivots about the left hand bolt, as shown in my pic. The tension will come off the spring.
6) Remove the spring.