LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Oct 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1976 300d price

Ok so there's a Mercedes 1976 300d for sale and I need help on the price range and convincing the seller it's not worth the 5k he wants. I think it's worth 3500 let me know what you would pay. Odometer reads 34000 no documents so im guessing its over 200k but being a 40 yr old car and still having everything original, radio, ac working, paint in good condition besides a little rust, and running great, makes me think it could be 134k miles, idk tho. Doesnt ac tend to fail and not make it to 200k miles on these older cars??? The only repair it needs is seat padding, and it had a cracked tail light but no biggie. Everything on it works even original radio which surprised me. I'd price it at 3500 due to mileage and a little over average condition. Let me know what you think the true mileage is and your opinion on the price. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 03:25 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Feb 2011
Vehicle: 1973 220D
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's worth just what you are willing to pay for it - unless he's got someone else who thinks its worth more.

Personally I'd say closer to your price. AC's can fail and be repaired - no service records? To be worth 5k I'd expect all the service records and it to be immaculate - including the seats.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
(Thread Starter)
Luckily there's no competition for the car and I think I convinced him on under 4k, I'm ganna get it checked out by my mechanic today to see its engines condition and base the price on that. I'll ask him about the records for repairs but if he says the AC is original (it works) should I expect the mileage to be below 200k? I will also ask my mechanic to check if there is any blow by.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 11:20 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jun 2012
I paid more for mine than that, everything worked, one owner, lots of work history, Odomter busted at 96818, NEEDED flushing of the radiator, oil change, valves adjusted, and I put new belts on. Ran the car from Florida to Oregon where it is my daily driver. That is the last year of that model. The cruise control, fog lamps, all lamps, with original paint, one tiny rust bubble, I need new tires and sooner than later, new bushings and rubbers in the front end. Make an offer, see what transpires .

Last edited by maxcruise; 10-25-2012 at 11:27 AM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
(Thread Starter)
STOKED. just got my first w115 Benz for 3300, does the 200,000km badge on the grill actually mean 200k mile mark? Just curious it runs great has some blow by but pretty sure the mileage is 236k how long do u think it'll last until it needs a rebuild?
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: