Ideas on Engine Swap? - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 08:04 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2012
Vehicle: 1968 280S purchased new in August of '68 from Phil Smart M-B in Seattle, WA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BenzFord Boyz (AKA WALT)

I finally got around to setting up a yahoo group for those who are interested in the installation of the Ford Windsor series engines into the W111,W108 and W109 chassis. The group isn't limited to this subject though. All M-B people are welcome.
Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums & communities
WALT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 07:09 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapes View Post
Grubeguy - That makes me feel way better. I was thinking the same thing about the rear end, but everybody keeps telling me "you are gonna shred it with the tourque of a 350". I figure I'll deal with that if it comes to it. For now I am keeping the rear end and just fabbing the driveshaft. I am going to move forward with a 350 and a 700r4 I think. The only thing that has me really worried is the wiring. I can deal with mechanical issues but wiring is not my bag. I want to keep everything the same on the inside as far as electronics, but I dont know how.

I will definatley keep you posted on this, as I will more than likely have some questions. Thanks!
I have a '67 w108 250s with a chevy 350..... it has the original rear end. No problems whatsoever. I can roast the tires with it. And honestly, the torque/hp isn't that much different from the original straight 6 to the chevy 350 if you look up the specs. Where you would get in to trouble, most likely, is if you hopped up the engine to put out a bunch more torque/hp. However, it really doesn't matter how much torque/hp you have under the hood, unless you are really putting your foot to the floor and trying to use all of it. Then you'd have a problem. But under "normal" driving conditions, there shouldn't be a problem.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in