Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: W116 450 SEL 1979 W111 220S 1962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Front End of W116 swapping method
How do I remove the front suspension in one solid piece?
- Loosen & remove pitman arm from steering box (after marking its position)
- Remove idler arm
- Remove the fat beam (removable girder) at end of engine (1st pic)
- Remove the lower control arms from the fixed girder below the oil pan (2nd pic)
- Loosen and remove upper control arm (no pic)
- Remove brake booster
- Remove the balance rod (3rd pic)
- PS I assume the yellow plastic in the pic is hides a gaping hole that facilitates extraction of the balance rod. True?
Please correct me if I am mistaken
Then I hope I just need to undo the brake pipes and the whole front end would drop off ready to install in reciepent car.