Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: W116 450 SEL 1979 W111 220S 1962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rear Suspension Swap Method W116
I need to swap suspension from donor car
- I plan to 1st undo the shaft
- Next raise the car high up
- Support the diff with wood block
- Undo the Diff foundation (1st picture)
- Undo the Balance rod RHS & LHS (2nd pic)
- Undo the chassis mounts (3rd pic) .... I know I know theyre corroded and will break off while opening...
After these steps will the suspension just come off? and just need to remove brake lines and handbrake cable. Then drag the suspension on its own wheels to the recepient car?
Please correct my concepts