BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Dec 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New addition: 1980 300SD
Hi guys, back in the MB fold now that I picked up my dad's 1980 300SD that he has owned since 1997.
Been sitting in the yard for SEVERAL years. I had it shipped 500 miles for $450-not bad.
123K actual miles-he put 11K on in the last 15 years. Starts right up with old fuel and an old battery. Drove it from the drop off spot at a local church and drove it up the hill home-turbo kicked in nicely, dropped to third gear smoothly and the 1-2 upshift after cresting the hill and turning into my subdivision was smoother than my '08 750. Brake pedal firm. Mechanicals are great, will do the obvious fluids, filters, tires, and eventually a few other routine items.
Here is where I need help:
1. Best product to clear musty/mildew smell from the interior. It has been damp. I removed the carpet- not salvageable- I currently have a drying/charcoal agent as well as baking soda. I have searched and got some ideas. ALL door seals, trunk, and windshield seals will be replaced.
2. I'll search here for couple of window trim pieces-please PM me if you have any 116 parts.
3. Needs the engine downpipe with the fluted/corrugated section.
4. All 4 retractable seat belts are locked. I freed up the driver's belt. Others are frozen in place.
5. Needs blue velour carpet.
6. please PM me if you have any 116 parts- you may have parts that I don't even know I need. Of course I'll be searching here.
Any replies will be appreciated, Thanks.
Last edited by II Kings 9:20; 07-20-2012 at 10:15 PM.